Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Our Adventure To Do List

Moving from the beautiful Pacific NW to the Central Valley of CA has been a bit of an adjustment. We went from lots of green, trees, and crisp air to a lot of wheat fields, cows, dust, and flat lands. Each has it own beauty but without a doubt its a change. I never thought I would get so familiar with the fresh scent of cow manure. :) One thing I absolutely love about the Central Valley is the pretty constant sunshine. Okay, well one more thing is the great location it puts us in for easy travel to all different great parts of California. Luke and I have made a little "Day Off To Do List" to help us navigate all the wonderful sites to see around us!  

Yosemite National Park 
The entrance is only an hour away from our house.

Monterey Bay
About a 2 hour drive away.

San Francisco
Between 1.5 and 2 hours away depending on traffic.
**Side note, we went this past week to explore before filming a speech for work. Conclusion: Meghan in a bad mood all day. Must redo!

Lake Tahoe
2 to 3 hour drive from our house.

Napa/Sonoma CA.
1.5 to 2 hours away! WINE!! :)

I think we have a pretty good list going! I do know that Luke wants to make it up to the mountains sometime this winter for boarding. There are a few possible mountains to go to but I'll let him decide. Most likely I'll be hanging out in a lodge. :)

I also wouldn't mind doing some good ol' California history things. Gold Rush towns. I think it'd be fun since I am a history junkie!

One of the nice things about our new job is that we will be traveling a lot on weekends all over California. I don't expect to see much of any of the cities we go to since we will mostly be only seeing the inside of convention centers but we should be seeing a good chunk of other main California cities by default! And, Las Vegas two times for some large events. Maybe I will get a night or two to explore the Strip some more? Who knows!

Let me know if there are any other places that we absolutely need to add to our list?? Thanks!!




No comments:

Post a Comment