Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Internet

I know I mentioned this before in an earlier post but I think its important enough to get a post of it's own!

WE HAVE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE HAVE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Not only was moving from Portland and "city" life to Modesto and country life a big enough change but this girl instantly became cable-less and internet-less. AHH! I thought I might die. But alas, I have survived.

I have always been a huge TV addict. I have been paying for cable since the moment I moved into my own place when I was 19. I knew I was poor but I would not give up my cable and internet to save money. That must sound a bit entitled and like a "first world problem" because it totally is.

I would make a list of all the shows I have watched and loved for a long time but I believe this post would be endless so I will give you a list of the "best of the best" and let me tell you, it is still long. I will try to put these in chronological order of my age = when I watched the show.

  • Lizzie McGuire
  • Even Stevens
  • Survivor
  • That's So Raven
  • TRL
  • Real World/Road Rules
  • The OC
  • One Tree Hill
  • Gilmore Girls (all time favorite)
  • American Idol
  • Heroes
  • Desperate Housewives
  • Bones
  • Revenge
  • Glee
  • Pretty Little Liars
  • How I Met Your Mother
  • Parks and Recreation
  • New Girl
  • All Food Network shows
  • TLC Shows
  • Any house/home shows
  • All Kardashian shows
  • Parenthood
I mean, without a doubt, I watch some quality TV. Not only do I watch it but I obsess over it. I love it. I am addicted to it. And now...I finally have it back in my remote loving hand. My couch loving butt. IT FEELS GOOD! Let me clarify though, we don't have cable still and we probably won't ever have cable living here at the ranch. But with internet, comes great responsibility streaming. We have Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Live. All of those combined too are WAY less than cable itself.

It took us more than THREE months to get internet at our place. It has been such a hassle (our car got stuck in the mud because of it and so did the internet installers 10k pound truck) and a burden to our wallets but we. have. internet. I won't lie....I complained a lot. I was impatient (no surprise there!). But ironically, some days I didn't mind. We purchased a digital receiver so we have like 10 over the air channels that I survived with. Watched a ton of the ion channel. Mainly crime dramas that would freak me out but I couldn't NOT watch. It was the only thing on!

I really am so grateful for the internet. I was maxing out my data usage on my phone which is no bueno. And, now I can blog more and keep up with my raging internet life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment