Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Simple

Something I have been thinking about a lot recently is simplicity. There is a beauty in the simple and uncomplicated. I believe I correlate simple with pure. Untarnished. Innocent. Free. Calm.

Life itself doesn't ever seem simple. It usually feels the complete opposite. I wonder how much of this is nature, the fact that humans are made of millions of cells, hundreds of bones, and parts of our body that can't even be found. The consciousness. A soul. What our body and mind can produce, emotions. Love. Hurt. Pain. Happiness.

Yet, it feels backwards to me. I believe the reason we were created and live and breath is simple. To love and be loved. To give without expectations. To forgive and not carry fault. To trust without reason. To have childlike faith. If I truly followed those five beliefs, I would live a simpler life.

Not one of those beliefs mentions anything materialistic or of this world. They all deal with a persons character and heart. Then, why if I believe these things do I still continue to have a complicated life? Why do I struggle with things that should not matter? I must find a way to continually remind myself of where I come from and Who created me. He is all that matters and in seeking Him, I should be simple. I hope to find simplicity.

"For God is not a God of confusion but of peace." 1 Corinthians 14:33

No servant can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money." Luke 16:13

No comments:

Post a Comment