Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Weekend Getaway

**We finally got internet at our house! Woo hoo!!! So hopefully I will have more time to blog and keep this thing updated! Look for lots more posts to come!

Luke and I drove home from Oregon this past Monday on New Years Eve (post to come about our Holidays). By coincidence, we are making a new pattern of travel on New Years Eve. Last years was a bit more exciting...Europe!! Which, I still have yet to blog about or even just post pictures. Maybe soon! 

While driving the 10+ hours back to Modesto we talked about what we want to do in 2013. Not sure if we are really making "resolutions" or not. Using that word makes me a little fearful because I usually always fail at keeping them. I like the idea of just making goals (which I know is basically the same thing). :) When we moved to Modesto we talked about all the awesome places we wanted to visit that are close to us. I talked about some of them in this post. California really is a beautiful state and regardless of how much we miss Oregon and Portland, we want to really commit to finding all the beauty around us. 

 

Yosemite National Park became the focus on our conversations. I really wanted to go be cozy in the snow covered mountains and Yosemite is the perfect place for that. I haven't ever been and Luke has been so adamant about getting over there and hiking or just being outdoors in the park. I started researching on my phone and was getting super excited about making a trip. Well, thankfully, our event we work this Saturday is only 1.5 hours away and like a half day on Saturday (rare). So we decided to go for it! We booked a room at a lodge a little outside the park for 2 nights (we have Mondays off). I seriously am so excited to go getaway with Luke for 2 days. I know we just had a week vacation to Oregon but the whole time we were with family and there wasn't really any dedicated time for just Luke and I. 


Anyway, this post is so full of rambling but the bottom line is we are going to Yosemite and I couldn't be more excited! A few things I'd love to do are: ice skating, tubing, seeing waterfalls, seeing Half Dome. YAY! I will do a post next week about our trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment