Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Apartment Tour!

Hey all! I finally took some newer pictures of our first place! Our apartment is a one bedroom place with a decently open floor plan. On the older side but it works for what we need right now!

This is on the wall between the entry hallway and the kitchen. This was probably the best purchase Luke and I made when we first moved in. It holds a lot of our glasses and the cloth containers hold our kitchen linens and our tupperware!


I love this little area. Its right in between our kitchen table and our TV stand. Sammie's basket of "My Stuff" always is over following but is a great place to store his things.
 
Our kitchen table! My mother actually bought this from a garage sale when I was in college and I love it! I think one of my future projects will be to maybe restain the wood and redo the seat cushions.

Our kitchen! The nicest thing about this kitchen is that it is completely open to the living room. No wall or cabinets blocking our view.

Another view and directly to the right of the coffee maker is our little counter that is open to the living room.

Our crammed but cozy little living room. This slipcover is nicer on the eyes than what is actually under it but it is a pain in the butt to keep on! BUT! for all of you out there who might need a place to stay the night, it doubles as a twin bed!

This is one of the wedding presents we got; the set of shelves and boxes. We hung this up the weekend we moved here in September and let me tell you...I have never seen Luke so mad in his life! It was hard not to laugh ;)! I am slowly but steady trying to find cute little things to make the look unique.

A view onto our patio. I really like that this big window/door allows a ton of light into the apartment. It has the slat blinds though and Sammie would LOVE to start at the left end of them and walk behind them making AS MUCH noise as possible!! We decided for our sanity...we needed drapes! Ikea is where we found them!

I believe this is a relationship saver! Two sinks!! What a blessing it has been for a one bedroom apartment to have two sinks AND a separate place to shower and do your business! You all know what I mean.

Okay, I know I said earlier that the little cube unit we have might have been our best purchase since we moved but I am reconsidering now. My friend Jessica and I found this whole set at a thrift store down around 21st and Glisan I believe. When we walked in and I saw it, I thought there had to have been a mistake or I was losing my mind. What a NORMAL and NICE set of bedroom furniture. I bought it then and there. Real Oak wood and everything. All we did was change the nobs and BAM! Beautiful bedroom set for under $200.00!

The dresser that goes with the bedroom set! I occupy all of it, of course. That TV we bought a few months ago but we are going to eventually hang it on the wall so that our beautiful mirror isn't hidden.

One more view of the bedroom. Those pictures Luke framed for me for Christmas. I got them 3 years ago in Paris and I was so bummed because they got crushed during the travels. I was so excited when I found someone who could steam out the creases! 


So there you go! I left out a few little things due to it being very cluttered or not super exciting; the desk and the entryway. I am always wanting to improve and change things up. Although, I am learning to just be happy with what we have because I can't deny we are blessed with all of the beautiful and nice things we have already acquired in such a short time! I think we may end up painting our room though. If we are still going to be here for almost a year; we should make it a little more homey!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Love the apartment tour! yahoo:) Now I want to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete