Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

First Meeting

SUCCESS!

Last night was the first meeting for my new book club. It was a great meeting! There were 4 of us there last night but 3 or 4 more women will be joining still, they just couldn't make it last night. For the first hour and a half all we did was chat, laugh, drink and eating some yummy food! I had a blast just catching up with all of these girls I know but they didn't really know each other. This club is going to be so fun; there are a lot of fun energetic personalities involved! Talking and keeping conversation going will NOT be a problem. I think the problem may be to stay on topic about the books!

Here is a picture from the first night!

So we discussed all of the "guidelines" of how to make the book club function. We decided to be pretty relax about all of it and go with the flow. Each month we can decide the future month's guidelines and if changes need to happen, so be it.

We all brought a couple book suggestions with a little summary of the book and why we were interested in the book. We had some great book ideas! We decided we are going to make like a "queue" of books and revisit them each other. We can add or take off certain books but at least we will always have a pool of great books to pull from.

Our first book choice is Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand.


Unbroken is a true story that takes place during WWII. It has 5 stars on Amazon and a ton of wonderful reviews. I ordered my book last night and I am so excited to start reading!

I am just so eager to see all of these girls (and more of them) at the next meeting in June! It's a perfect combination : women, wine, food, laughter, good books and A LOT of talking!

Love you all! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I have Boarders Coupons! I am going to go get the book today before work. I am so proud of you friend! You are inspiring, to say the least.

    ReplyDelete