Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

New Found Sense of Freedom

Ever since I put my two weeks in at work, I have felt so free.

My whole life has basically been planned out for me. Grow up, graudate high school, graduate college and get a job. I have accomplished all of those things now even though my "get a job" path hasn't been what I have wanted it to be. I feel like it is the first time in my whole life that I (well actually "we" as in Luke and I...almost forgot the hubby ;)! ) get to truly decide what I (we) want my (our) life to be. I think that sentence was a bit confusing. Sorry! :)

These past 9 months with this job, I have felt so contained, restricted and stuck. I have had no sense of individuality, personal freedom or joy. But now....I believe I can do anything! Cheesy, I know. With this new sense of freedom, I have been letting my mind, heart and soul go WiLd!! I am letting myself recognize wants and desires I have had in me for a long time but have just kept muted in fear that I wouldn't ever be able to have the freedom to pursue them; conflict of time, energy and/or fear of failure have been my roadblocks.

Finally, I am ready to bring them out in the light and pray that I keep up my motivation to accomplish some of them!

Here are a few:

1. Learn to play the piano or at least take lessons.
2. Take cooking classes or go through a cookbook trying new recipes.
3. Join or start a book club.
4. Become a better saver (my parents know what I mean!)
5. Learn to enjoy each day for what it is and be more flexible with my time.

So, here is the challenge. I need encouragement to accomplish these things. I know it has to come from me and I have to encourage and motivate myself but I can't deny that outside support really helps! So, I give people permission to annoy me, ask me, and tell me to keep up with my goals! And, if anyone wants to join me in some of these things, I would love the company!

I will keep you all updated and let you know my progress!

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. 1. I totally want to learn piano too!!
    2. I will come eat all your food :)
    3. I will totally join your book club!
    4. does this mean we cant go shopping?!
    5. im going to enojy thursday when I get to see you!!

    -Sam :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you heard of Dave Ramsey? His book "Total Money Makeover" has made me excited about money & saving! If you haven't read it I highly recommend it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam! Sounds great!! Dawn...I own that book! Luke and I are just starting the baby steps!! Definitely switching jobs is putting a little cramp in the first and second ones! haha

    ReplyDelete